I was excited, amazed and humbled to be nominated for these two awards last weekend. To minimize multiple “award posts” I decided to combine both of them in one post. I sense that this is gonna be the longest post, my sincere apologies.
Real Neat Blogger Award
For this award, I was nominated by an amazing and talented writer and poet, Sarvagya, and I thank her very much.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person who nominated you and and add a link to their blog.
- Nominate any number of people, linking to their blog; and let them know by commenting on their blogs.
- Come up with 7 questions for the people you nominated.
- How much time do you spend blogging everyday or week?
A long time actually since I enjoy reading other people’s blogs, I do daily and weekly prompts, oh and I do one word and word of the day challenges as well.
- Do you try to go and like other people’s blogs, for discovering new ones?
I do as much as I can, especially since I am also a new blogger who just got discovered. I read, like, comment and follow other people’s blogs.
- How did you start blogging?
I have terrible communication skills. For years, I’ve had unexpressed anger, sadness, hurt, disappointment and loneliness which made me a bitter person. So, I decided to write, for venting and therapeutic purposes, that’s why I call my blog a “diary“.
- Who is your absolute favorite author/musician?
I am obsessed with Maya Angelou/ I have innumerable favorite gospel musicians, let me go for Israel Houghton for now, such a powerful worshipper he is.
- Out of the written, which one is your favorite?
Through The Eyes Of A Poet
That was the first “unemotional” poem I wrote.
- What other hobbies do you have, than writing?
Singing, I am a worshipper actually. Also, I am in IT department and I love programming so much.
- Give one piece of advice to those who might want to start blogging?
Never betray the reason why you started blogging, be faithful to it and excel on it. Be a genuine blogger and you’ll be recognized.
I would like to thank Jay, the poet king of September heart-to-hearts, for nominating me for this award.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Tag your post with the BrainStorms award and follow and follow BrainStorms, if you are willing.
- Display the BrainStorms award logo.
- Talk about your blog, why you started it, what you write on and your goal for your blog.
- Answer the five questions you’ve been asked.
- Nominated five amazing bloggers and ask them five questions.
You can read more about my blog on the About tab, on my website.
- What do you think is humankind’s greatest invention?
The internet! Even WordPress wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for that invention!
- How do you make yourself sleep when you can’t seem to get to sleep
I drink a cough syrup or energex medication, I know right! (laughs)
- While writing (your first draft of any piece) and reading, what do you prefer: digital medium (writing apps, e-books) or conventional medium (pen & paper, paperback books)?
Definitely digital! portable, manageable and tidy.
- What is your favorite genre of music to listen to?
- What movie or book or person do you know the most quotes from?
Questions for all nominees (5 for BrainStorms and 7 for Real Neat Blog Award):
- Why WordPress, out of all blogging tools?
- Who is favorite blogger and why?
- Poetry or short stories?
- What is your favorite color and how do you relate to it?
- Benefiting somehow from the lockdown?
- Cats or dogs?
- If I had a R1 mil in my bank account…
Have fun and never stop blogging!